This is one of my original designs. Like most of my creations, this one probably came with a really crappy pre-design drawing. By drawing, I mean a terrible chicken scratch of a thing. I’ll have to find it and post it.
I created this dress for a photo shoot a year or so ago. My role was to be the Queen of Diamonds! Fortunately, in my hot mess of Wardrobe Madness, I had just enough red satin and gold satin fabric to make this dress. In retrospect, I wish I had made it longer (It’s about knee length on me.).
This dress was the first dress where I had attempted to make the princess sleeves. I actually stuffed it with tulle inside to make it more puffy to show the different colours in it. For the collar, I used a bit of a interface to stiffen it and have it stand up as straight as possible.
For the bodice section, I crisscrossed red and gold ribbon and placed AB rhinestones in the centre of each ‘diamond.’ Then as a final touch, I have gold braided trim around the bodice to accent it. To give it a full look, I believe I have three petticoats underneath the dress.
Like I said, I created this for a photo shoot. It’s been sitting in my wardrobe since, just waiting to be worn again. It certainly still has plenty of life left in it, and I’d love to use it again for another photo shoot. Now to find someone who’s my size…
– Lee x