This is one of my latest creations. This fabric had been sitting around my sewing space for some time now, but I just didn’t know what kind of dress I wanted to create with it…until now.
This semi-sheer lace beauty is simple, elegant, and just a hint of sexy. When I was thinking of creating with this fabric, I just knew that it had to be a nice long dress with a pretty train in the back. When deciding the style for the upper portion of the dress, I think I just ended up overthinking it, which led me to just not creating this for awhile. Eventually, I settled on something simple.
The fabric itself was eye-catching enough that I didn’t feel that I had to do too much for this to be an eye-catching piece. It already spoke for itself. The soft bell sleeves are one of my favourite things to add on to my creations. It gives the creation an almost goddess-like presence.
I’m quite proud of this piece. It’s definitely a wonderful addition to add to my photo shoot wardrobe.
I haven’t thought much about the next step for this, which is a photo shoot (duh!). It’s definitely not my size, so I hope to find a model to wear this for a photo shoot in the future. In the meantime, I can dream up a concept for this dress!
The holidays are here! O.O
I’m currently working on making holiday photos happen. I found some good shots that could probably work as my official holiday photo, but there is one particular shot that I wanted to share. It’s so cute that I’m thinking of just using this photo for my cards.
It features me, a red velvet coat by me…and my cat!
It actually wasn’t planned. It sort of just happened…as my cat tries to have ALL of my attention whenever he feels like it. He had been watching me take photos for a bit when he had decided that he wanted to sit in on a couple shots. And so he did.
Welcome to my World. <3 <3 <3
– Lee x
This is most certainly a Blast From the Past!
I created this piece about two and a half years ago. I was given several rolls of craft foam scraps from a friend. I hadn’t really thought about what I was going to do with it. I figured that I find some type of use for it…
Several months later, I finally did. Valentine’s Day was a few weeks away, and I wanted to create something that gave a nod to the holiday. I just didn’t want to do anything that was just hearts and flowers. For someone who wanted a heart so bad, it seemed appropriate to create this particular piece. Once I decided that I wanted to make the Tin Woodsman, I figured that I give myself the extra challenge of making a female version of it. Do something a little outside of the box. Ooohhh! Crazy!
I’ve worked with foam before but never really to the extent of what I did with this costume. For the most part, I was just playing it by ear and figuring it out along the way. For this, I used foam, a hot glue gun, and a heat gun. Once assembled, I coated it with primer and then metallic silver paint. I used a medium-sized paintbrush to give it that nice brushed steel effect.
I’m quite happy that I managed to take a few photos wearing it as well as having it on my dress form. It’s currently sitting deflated, cracked, and far from the splendid appearance that you see in the photo above in a closet. Next time, I must remember to give it more support to help hold its shape. Definitely looking forward to re-create this at a later date. And definitely using something that’s a bit more sturdy than the foam!
– Lee x