I’ve started working on creating a little set in my little space, building a scene. I’m not quite sure what I’m going for yet, but it’s been a slow process. Ideally, it’ll be a spot where I can shoot most, if not all, of my photos. The background in the photo here is the start of this creation. It’s not much at the moment, but it’s simple and effective. I’m still working with blue light spills, working to perfect it, and enjoying the cooling effect that it gives.
The dress in the photo is one of my more recent creations, an original and fulfilling my subconscious love for blue dresses and lace. I’m not quite ready to part with this dress just yet. So, it’ll probably be at least two more shoots with this before I put her up in my shop.
But that back opening…ugh! Maybe I’ll just end up keeping it.
Until my next adventures…!
– Lee x
I know that I’ve been slacking on updates. I’ve just been distracted. Sometimes my creativity keeps me behind-the-scenes and locked away in my little bubble of magic making amazingness.
It’s been a rather strange year, and I can’t believe that it’s already July. I’m fairly certain that the strange weather patterns have played a role in my losing track of time…
I’ve been spending so much time behind my sewing machine and creating big, pretty dresses (which I realistically don’t have room for…but I continue to make them anyway), that I just get ‘in the zone.’ And as a result, I’ve fallen far far behind on the model/photography part of my madness.
I’m still working on improving my time management skills.
I do partially blame some of the concepts I plan on making happen. More thought in planning and just trying to make my ideals realistic whilst I figure things out on my own until I find the creatives I can mesh with is sometimes enough to overwhelm my brain. But here I am, ever so slowly but surely, making time to do some camera work in between the costume making.
The photo above is a fairly recent one taken last week. I wanted to try some different lighting. Mission accomplished?
– Lee x
This is my second proper creation using craft foam. I made this a few months ago with no real direction on where I wanted to go with it. I just wanted to create something a little different from what I usually made.
The headpiece was the first piece that I worked on. I used Fosshape for the base and my trusty glue gun to put it all together. The scales were hand-cut by me.
The top was created because the headpiece was just screaming for a matching something. I was thinking of creating an entire outfit from head to toe with the craft foam, but it seemed complete with just the top and headpiece.
It’s not perfect. There’s definitely room for improving this for future creations. But for a first time piece, it’s not too shabby! I had originally intended on painting it, but I’ve been indecisive on what colours it should be. And so it remains as white as snow.
Now to find room for it…
– Lee x